Expand Your Potential through Training
Duquesne employees can take advantage of many customized training opportunities to enhance their skills and knowledge, professionally and personally.
Participating in training and wellness programs offers valuable experiences that can lead to:
- Personal and professional development
- Improved job satisfaction and performance
- Career advancement
- Better work-life balance
A Wide Range of Learning Programs
Instructional programs are developed and coordinated through the Training and Development Department of Human Resources.
Ongoing learning programs include up-to-date technology and people-skills development, leadership, University systems and procedures, and compliance with local, state and federal employment laws. Employees also have a chance to learn about physical, emotional and financial wellness.
Duquesne University values its employees in mind, heart and spirit. All of our training is directly tied to our mission and in support of the University's strategic plan.
Quick Links for Current Employees:
Employee Professional Development opportunities and many training programs are available to employees. Topics begin with understanding the Duquesne University mission and progress to building professional and leadership skills.
- Professional development program tracks are held annually
- Many technology and skill-building workshops held throughout the semester
- Online resources are provided for on-the-job needs
- Training and Development records training attendance so employee participation can be shared with management and considered in performance reviews
- Current employees can review and register for training opportunities via MyLEAD in the DORI Portal
University Enterprise Information Systems
Employees required to use any of the University's information systems receive training that equips them with the skills they need to be successful. These systems are used to track and report management and business operations, finances, student and employee data and donations to the University, among others tasks. For accounts and contact information, view the University Contact List.
Other Training Resources
Faculty receive training and development from several other Duquesne departments. Some programs are also applicable for staff.
- Academic Affairs Office
- Center for Teaching Excellence
- Educational Technology
- Gumberg Library
- Office of Service Learning
- Tuition Remission - Benefits
The Administrative Policies ("TAPs") contain operational policies and procedures pertaining to all areas of the University.
Certain training topics are designed to explain University Administrative Policies and address federal and state law requirements, such as:
- Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)
- University Policy on Gender Discrimination and Sexual Misconduct
- Basic Active Shooter Survival Skills
The University makes it easy to be in compliance by reminding employees when training is due, and having it available to complete online, anytime from any computer.
Current employees can review all the employee training opportunities by visiting MyLEAD via DORI.