Spread the Word about Day of Giving
Please help us spread the word about the Duquesne Day of Giving on social media and by email. Every #DUQDayofGiving post will contribute to the success of the day! Here's what you can do to be a Duquesne Day of Giving Ambassador:
January - February 5
- Join the Duquesne Day of Giving Team on Facebook.
- Post a #DUQDayofGiving Save the Date encouraging your family and friends to donate to your favorite area of campus on February 7.
- Print a Duquesne Day of Giving sign to hang up in your office. Take a creative picture or video holding the sign and post on social media with #DUQDayofGiving.
- Change your profile and cover photos to #DUQDayofGiving graphics.
Monday, February 6
- Remind family and friends via email, text messages, and social media that tomorrow is the #DUQDayofGiving.
- Stop by the #DUQDayofGiving Kick-Off Party at The Red Ring from 4 - 6 p.m. to be one of the first #DUQDayofGiving donors. Get your "I GAVE!" sticker and take a picture in our photo booth that you can share on social media the next day. 20% of food/drink purchases from this event will be donated to Duquesne.
Tuesday, February 7 - #DUQDayofGiving
- Visit duq.edu/dayofgiving and make your gift!
- Encourage everyone in your network to make a gift of any size to support your favorite area of campus.
- Share and like posts from the Duquesne Alumni Assocation and Spirit Crowdfunding social media pages
- Post updates throughout the day to remind your followers that today is the #DUQDayofGiving.
- Thank everyone you reached out to who donated.
- Share the #DUQDayofGiving infographic to let everyone know our final totals.
Useful tools and resources:
Social Media Graphics & Day of Giving Signs - Update your social media profile pictures or share a photo holding a Day of Giving sign.
Social Media & Email Text - Not sure what to say? View sample posts and emails that you can copy and paste or use as a starting point.
Video Tips - Be a social media star and create your own video!
Contact David Jakielo, A'05, GA'10, assistant director of annual giving, if you have any questions or ideas about how to spread the word about #DuqDayofGiving 2017.