Center for Research for Underserved and Vulnerable Populations
The Center for Research for Underserved and Vulnerable Populations is a forum for networking, exchanging information, and fostering innovation. The Center is committed to promoting University, community, regional, national and global partnerships to achieve excellence in nursing science.
Consistent with the mission of the SON and national priorities, overarching themes include:
- Using technology and informatics in research, education and patient care
- Addressing disparities and ethics in healthcare
- Interdisciplinary approaches to prevention and treatment
The Center is headed by Melissa Kalarchian, PhD, Associate Dean for Research in the School of Nursing.
Faculty with a record of significant research funding are invited to join the Research Council, which provides oversight of initiatives related to research and scholarship in the SON. Current members include:
Major functions are to:
- Advise the Associate Dean for Research.
- Oversee implementation of the Strategic Plan for Research.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to research-active faculty.
Forum for Research and Scholarship (FORS)
The Forum for Research and Scholarship supports excellence in research and scholarship. It promotes the exchange of ideas and intellectual debate, as well as peer review of writing projects.
Faculty Research Interests
Visit our Faculty Research page
The School of Nursing is a Strategic Alliance Partner with MD Magazine. View faculty videos on the web site (Search for "Duquesne" to see complete list)
The School of Nursing is a Strategic Alliance Partner with Oncology Nursing News.
See the articles and videos by our faculty.